Although carriers take great care throughout the delivery process, sometimes things can go wrong. Not ideal for anyone, we hear you!
Some carriers will offer complimentary insurance coverage in the event of driver negligence, damage, or loss in the carrier network. Be sure to check which carriers offer this before booking!
Shippit can offer two types of protection:
- Carrier Insurance (limited) - Carrier direct insurance which is provided from the carrier, not Shippit. It is complimentary when using Shippit rates however excess fees may apply. You can also purchase it directly from the carrier if you integrate your own carrier account into Shippit.
- Shippit Transit Protection - Transit Protection is offered by Shippit and can be added on to any carrier you ship with through the Shippit platform. This affords you coverage against loss or damage during transit of goods at retail values for up to the maximum cover amounts below, with no fees to pay to file a claim.
- Singapore - SGD 9,000
- Malaysia - RM 25,000
Carriers with Complimentary Insurance
When booking orders on Shippit’s discounted shipping rates, the following carriers offer complimentary insurance:
- Covered for the loss or damage of non prohibited goods whilst in transit
- Up to SGD 150 Speedpost Express (per article or the declared value, whichever is lower)
- Up to SGD 50 Speedpost Economy (per article or the declared value, whichever is lower)
- Strict timeframes apply
- Full terms and conditions can be found here.