As we all know, sometimes customer purchases don’t work out and we need to process a return for the customer. Now with Shippit, you can – with our Merchant-initiated Returns solution for any domestic delivery in Singapore or Malaysia.
How to process a return in Shippit
- Click on the Track tab in Shippit, and locate the Completed original outbound order you wish to return
- Click the arrow on the right-hand side, and select Create Return
- Review the return details, including the pickup and return addresses (which will default to the inverse of the original outbound order), and update if necessary. When ready, click Create Return.
- Confirm the shipping quote. Shippit will automatically select the cheapest available carrier, and charge a small fee for the service.
- Your customer will automatically receive an email with the label and instructions for packaging the return.
- When ready, your customer can request pick up, from the email or in the tracking page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a customer-facing returns solution available for the region?
- Not at this stage.
How do I enable returns in Shippit?
- Returns will be enabled by default for new and existing merchants. If you are not seeing the option to Create Return on a completed domestic order in Singapore or Malaysia, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Which carriers will perform the returns?
- In Singapore, Teleport Standard & Ninja Van Standard. In Malaysia, Ninja Van Standard and POS Malaysia.
Are there any postcodes not supported for returns in South East Asia?
- Returns from East Malaysia may not be supported by the carriers in question.
Does a return have to be performed by the carrier that did the outbound delivery?
- No. Any of the above carriers can perform a return delivery, even if they were not the outbound carrier.
Are international (cross-border) returns supported?
- Not at this stage, no.
Can a specific carrier be selected for a return?
- No. The cheapest quote will automatically be selected from all available return quotes. If you’d prefer to use a specific carrier, please contact email@example.com who can assist to disable other carriers.
What is the cost of a return?
- Carrier fees vary for returns, but can be slightly higher than the cost of the original outbound shipment due to collecting from a residential area, and for a single, or small number of parcels.