DHL is a leader in eCommerce logistics as well as providing innovative mail and logistics solutions around the world.
Below are the DHL services you can instantly start shipping with using our discounted delivery rates.
|Live API quoting||Yes|
|Max dead weight (kg)||30 KG|
|Max cubic weight||30KG|
|Bulky (over 30kg)||No|
|Perishables & live goods||No|
|Account Configuration Required||Always required when shipping:
How to start shipping with DHL.
For Shippit stores with saved Pick-up Address in Malaysia, you may enable DHL by going to Shippit > Settings > Carriers and turning ON the toggle switch for DHL.
Pickup & Collection.
- DHL can be expected to pick up goods within a day from the time orders are booked for delivery in Shippit.
- The cut-off time for next-day pick-up is 4:00 PM SGT from Mondays to Friday and will be pick next working day at 9am to 6pm
- Since this is subject to change without prior notice, it is recommended for merchants to arrange a regular pick-up schedule with their courier drivers.
Cancel or rebook a pickup.
- You can cancel any standard orders from within the Shippit app so long as it remains in Booked For Delivery status. Once the order is in transit, it will be charged at full price.
- To rebook a pickup, please contact Shippit support who will reach out to the carrier for you.
- You are not charged to rebook a failed pickup unless the order has been futiled by the carrier (the driver has tried to collect and unable to).
- If you need to discuss your collection please contact Shippit support directly.
High volume collections.
- Regular or daily pickups can be arranged for customers with high shipping volumes. Speak with your Shippit Account Manager or contact Shippit support directly.
Frequently Asked Questions.
What can't be shipped?
Does DHL ship alcohol?
No, alcohol is not accepted.
Can I ship heavy or bulky freight?
No, items must remain under 30kg in dead or cubic weight & 2 m in length.
Are redeliveries and redirection (new address) possible?
- In the event of a missed delivery, DHL will attempt redelivery up to 2 times.
- Redirection to a new address can be requested through Shippit support however is not guaranteed.
You'll find our recommended packaging guidelines here.
Is there insurance available?
There is complimentary insurance when booking with DHL through Shippit however claim limits apply, see below.
You can lodge your claim through Shippit via our Delivery Launcher.
- UP to RM 100
To protect the full retail value of your deliveries during transit, you can enable Shippit Transit Protection.
How does cash on delivery work?
DHL does not supports Cash on Delivery (COD) on orders booked through Shippit for businesses in Malaysia.
How do customer notifications work?
With Shippit's parcel tracking, customers will know where the item is and when it will arrive. Powered by Shippit's tracking engine, customers can receive SMS updates and email delivery notifications.
- For merchants and their customers using DHL on Shippit's discounted delivery rates, delivery support tickets can be submitted via the Get Help button on the delivery tracking page.
- For merchants who ship with DHL using their own pre-negotiated rates, your customers will need to reach out to you for delivery support or to DHL directly.